Friday, November 25, 2011

"The pure heart is like a diamond. Precious, rare, extremely valuable. And something I can guarantee most men, somewhere deep down, desire."
(This post may be aimed at girls mostly, but can be applied to guys)
This quote has got me thinking over the last few days. I don't know who said it but I know they're very true. Pure, thought-out women are precious in general, and I've decided that that's who I want to be.
It's your best friend's birthday. You go to the store and buy her some... nail polish. You get the nail polish and let your other friend use some of it. Alright, that's only a little; you've still got some of the polish left, they won't even notice. Friend after friend uses it and pretty soon, more than half of the bottle is gone. The friend's birthday rolls around and then you put the polish in the bag and give it to your friend at the party!
How thoughtful is that.
Needless to say, your friend is going to be a little disappointed, right? They may not show it, but they're going to wish you hadn't given it away before you gave it to them.
God has someone for everyone. Hand-crafted for you. God thought of them as He made you. I'm not saying that it's wrong to date. I'm saying if you're careless, you're going to regret it. I don't want to give my future husband the little chunk of my heart that's left after my whole teenage years spent dating whoever'll have me. That's not fair on his part; he may have kept his whole heart just for me his whole life.
I may sound a little harsh, but I just thought I'd say this, because it's a commitment I've made this week. Girls, be very careful; we're precious, and I think we're going to be glad that we did if we keep ourselves polished. Guys too.
Thanks to my awesome friend Peanut Butter for unconciously helping me remember that. ;)
Nightingale~  

No comments:

Post a Comment