Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas, Muri Kurisimasu, Mele Kalikimaka, Feliz Navidad, Happy Hannukah, Happy Kwannza, "Like, Happy Holidays.." to you all! God gave me the most wonderful of days; (and nights; I sat looking at unbelievably bright stars last night and got teared up) even if it wasn't white, it was still full to the brim with blessings. He gave me that Christmas spirit last night, but maybe not the kind I had expected. I got CHRISTmas Spirit, and that was only one of the many, many gifts he gave me throughout the day.
We got a lop-eared bunny. Who we named, in honor of Christmas, Tinsel. She is SO cute, hopping along, getting used to us and the freedom of the house. I recieved a guitar strap, several picks, a pick dispenser, a new sketchpad (Spiral bound! YES! :D), new Grinch pajamas, (LOVE them) nail polish, the Son of Neptune, and two (whether the deliverers knew it or not) heartstring-plucking cards from two of my sisterly friends in Hawaii, Rose and Plumeria, whom I still need to send gifts! D: I sat on the couch with the cards in my hands in tears. There's no place like home for the holidays, and no matter where I am I can't help but feel like I belong back there. But I am with them in spirit nonetheless, feeling full in the heart and thankful. I watched the sun go down on another wonderful Christmas day, and watched the first bright star (planet, actually, I think it was Mars) appear in a black sky. One more year down. Last Christmas I had no idea these crazy, eye-opening and faith-building experiences would be brought into my life by God. I can hardly imagine what I'll be typing about this time next year.
I have been blessed beyond my wildest dreams. I could not begin to type it all. Looking back the year seemed to go by so fast, but I had amazing friends and a loving family to back me up through whatever life threw at me, and life has good aim. It gives me goosebumps. I trust you all were blessed as much or even more so than I was. May God continue to guide me, you, my family, this nation and this world in the direction He already knows it's headed in. Merry Christmas, and Happy Birthday Jesus! <3
Nightingale~  

No comments:

Post a Comment